Publicis Media now ranks as the #1 Global Media Agency. This is according to the RECMA’s latest 2018 New Biz Balance Report.
The accolade follows a hugely successful year for Publicis Media, which ended with the massive win of brand giant; GSK.
Publicis Media excelled in the New Biz balance with it having the highest new business balance over lost accounts at USD 1250 million. Publicis Media won USD 5 749 million in new accounts with a loss of only USD 4 449 million.
These figures are supported by the Goldman Sachs Equity Research Report on the Media: Advertising industry that shows that Publicis Media topped the new business table by 0.04% increase in account wins in December 2018 (calculated in a rolling 12-month period with adjusted billings). This is 0.01% ahead of the second largest ranking.
Publicis Media is represented locally by the human experience agency, Starcom, the ROI agency, Zenith and performance media brand, Performics.The group’s disruptive approach also saw them win and retain some significant South African accounts such as Avon, Parmalat, Lactalis, Finscore, Lenovo, Luxottica and Gumtree.
RECMA is a leading global research company, and one of the few that evaluates media agencies worldwide. According to RECMA, they deliver a qualitative evaluation of media agencies based on 18 criteria in 45 countries. RECMA adds that these criteria are not financial but marketing specific, reflecting agencies’ capabilities. The organisation assesses agencies based on four sets of criteria. These are:
- Competitiveness in pitches over three years,
- Momentum which includes new-biz balance and growth rates as well as the hiring of talent and getting awards,
- Resources in digital and diversified services including data and content and,
- Agency capability to manage big accounts, local
advertisers, as well as relationship stability.
“We’re honoured to be ranked as the #1 Media Agency globally. Competition is tough out there and our clients need us to help them keep up in an increasingly agile landscape. Our integrated approach and thorough understanding of their businesses allows us to achieve the results we do every day. We would like to thank our clients for their support and for giving us the opportunity to be their communication partner of choice,” says Peter Monaise, CEO, Publicis Media Africa.
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Living & Loving readers share the love online - 18th April 2019
- DUO Marketing + Communications committed to developing PR and marketing industry talent - 18th April 2019
- Primedia Outdoor and Coca-Cola take creative execution to another level in Zambia - 18th April 2019