As the official local representative for this year’s edition of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Cinemark is once again sponsoring the South African leg of the Film category of the Young Lions competition. A panel of leading professionals and creatives have been selected to judge this year’s edition. They are:
- Molefi Thulo, Creative Director for Ogilvy South Africa;
- Suhana Gordhan, Creative Director for FCB South Africa;
- Rayana Rassool, Communication for Development Specialist for UNICEF;
- Layla Swartz, this year’s SAFTA Youth Achievement Award Winner; and
- Lebo Ramafoko, CEO of Soul City.
- Motheo Matsau, Ster-Kinekor Chief of Sales and Marketing
- Lynne Wylie, Ster-Kinekor Head of Marketing
The competition provides young creatives with an unrivalled opportunity to demonstrate their talent under pressure, by creating a 60 second commercial in just 48 hours.
The team behind the winning commercial, as selected by the judges, will attend the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity from 17-21 June 2019. There, they will compete in the global competition, vying for the honour of being crowned Young Lions of Cannes 2019 – with their return flights, accommodation during the festival, entry into the Cannes Young Lions competition and a full week’s Festival registration all covered by Cinemark.
With the entries now in and the judges announced, anticipation is mounting: which two young creatives will be flying to France this June? Watch this space…
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Black Box 360 returns to Mediatech - 17th July 2019
- Amazon beats Google in the eRetail search - 17th July 2019
- Small and start up media agencies pay the cost for payment terms - 17th July 2019