It was another big night for Jacaranda FM and Halo agency at the Assegai awards, adding seven more awards to their string of recent wins for the #MoreMusicYouLove campaign.
This included the highest allocade of the evening, namely; the Nkosi award. Representing Jacaranda FM on the night was Marketing Manager of Jacaranda FM, Minisha Patel, who’s been at the forefront of steering the Jacaranda FM brand to reach new frontiers.
“The aim of this campaign was to showcase the Jacaranda FM product to new audiences across multiple platforms and I am delighted with the results! These accolades lay testament to the teamwork, dedication and pride in presenting a polished product – and I’d like to extend a special salute to Dean Oelschig and the team at Halo,” says Minisha Patel, Marketing Manager at Jacaranda FM.
Halo advertising for Jacaranda FMs #TheMoreMusicYouLove campaign walked away with the following:
- Nkosi Award for the highest-ranking campaign at the Assegai Awards
- Experiential Media (Gold)
- Media Face to Face Activations / Field Marketing (Gold)
- Multi-Channel/ Country Campaigns; Integrated Direct Marketing Campaigns (min across 3 channels) (Gold)
- Craft Awards – Use of New Technologies (Gold)
- Craft Awards -Innovative Solutions (Gold)
- Direct Response Mass Media: TV, Print, Out-of-home and Radio: Gold
The Assegai Awards acknowledge and award those whose Integrated Marketing campaigns deliver exceptional results. Since their inception, the Assegai Awards have strived to benchmark the South African Direct Marketing industry, to highlight best-in-class examples and encourage all players in the industry to work towards achieving greatness in their campaigns. The ultimate goal remains to keep raising the bar for the whole industry.
This campaign alone has won the following awards/ recognitions to date:
- The coveted Roger Garlick Grand Prix for Media Innovation (AMASA Awards 2017)
- Gold – Best Integrated Campaign (AMASA Awards 2017)
- Gold – Best Event and Experiential Campaign (AMASA Awards 2017)
- Outdoor Media Silver Award (Loeries 2017)
- Second place at Creative Circle – Ad of the month for Out of Home (2017)
- Featured on Ads of the World
” We are thrilled with the awards as this entrenches the station’s proposition in bringing our audiences more music, and more of the music they love to listen to and sing along to.” concludes Kevin Fine, Jacaranda FM General manager.
More about the More Music You Love campaign
Jacaranda FM launched its brand new “More Music You Love” positioning in Sandton on, 15 February 2017 with an exciting world first in radio. For the first time ever, a billboard was used to tell a live story, lip synced to the station’s on-air music playlist during the breakfast show. The campaign was also intended to reposition Jacaranda FM’s position from being an 80’s and 90’s radio station to being all about music you love. To view this award-winning campaign, click here.