Office space on-demand, allowing users to work away from work
Today sees the launch by three South African entrepreneurs of AIRBASE, an app-based platform that seamlessly connects people to places to work, collaborate and network. AIRBASE was showcased for the first time to a closed entrepreneurial audience at a recent Property Point industry event in Johannesburg. Today it is available to all. The AIRBASE App gives users the flexibility to work away from work and to go where their business takes them, allowing them access to the space they need on demand.
Jason de Villiers, co-founder of AIRBASE comments: “We identified a need in the market for collaborative workspace facilities that are easily accessible to users. AIRBASE brings this together. It removes the ’search for space’ hassle for the user, whilst at the same time providing the facility owners with a way to monetise their spare space with maximum ease and flexibility.”
According to the Q3, 2017 Office Vacancy Report by the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA), the national office vacancy rate is around 11% and rental growth has slowed over the past year. And a recent blog post on Office Vibe states that by 2020, 40% of the workforce will be freelancers, temps and independent contractors and that 50% of people report higher incomes when using a shared work space.
“Flexibility in terms of workplace is no longer a luxury. It is a necessity,” De Villiers says.
Across the globe, technology is driving change in the workspace and AIRBASE takes the ‘future workplace’ into consideration. AIRBASE users are able to filter the workspaces available on the App to fit their geographic locations at any point in time, their budgets, and specific requirements for services. They simply match their immediate office needs with what AIRBASE App has on offer, as they need it.
De Villiers concludes, “We are really pleased with progress to date. The response from facility owners has been enormously positive. In less than three months, we have secured close to 25 facilities in Johannesburg and Cape Town, which shows we are providing something that meets a real market need. These facilities are immediately available to our users and we are in the process of loading spaces in Durban as well. Our plan is to increase the number of properties on the platform to 100 in 2018, providing maximum coverage and flexibility to our users in the major metropolitan areas across the country. Sub-Saharan Africa is our next step.”
By listing their facilities on the AIRBASE App, facility owners can increase or generate income on vacant office space and their dedicated shared office space, more easily and without the need to spend money on marketing these facilities. Simply visit the AIRBASE website to sign up.
So, what are you waiting for? Work away from work – download AIRBASE from your Playstore or AppStore now and join the revolution.
How the App works:
Download AIRBASE from your Playstore or AppStore
- Select the location/area you require the service in
- The app searches all the facilities in the requested area and you are able to click on a location to check the services provided by the facilities
- This will include various options like hot desks and private offices to conference rooms, auditoriums, meeting rooms and training facilities – each option will show the corresponding rates per hour/day/month
- Once you’ve decided on a facility, select the time of your booking – confirm either an immediate or future-dated booking
- Payment is connected to your credit card
- Cross integration with other web- and app-based tools enables users to easily locate the facilities in the app either via Google Maps, Waze or book an Uber to pick them up for a seamless, time-efficient travel experience