The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) is pleased to announce that the 2018 APEX awards is calling for entries from all South African agencies and their respective clients. The annual APEX awards is hosted by the ACA, the official, representative body for the Communications and Advertising sector in South Africa.
The APEX awards recognises and awards effectiveness in advertising and communications campaigns that delivered tangible and measurable returns on marketing investment or objectives.
Agencies and their clients are invited to enter their best work into the 2018 APEX awards. In an era where budgetary cuts are prevalent and resulting in agencies being placed under extreme pressure, the APEX awards programme is an ideal tool through which to review success. Winning an APEX award allows marketers to justify increased budget allocation while providing agencies with the ability to highlight the value they add to client business objectives and the resultant bottom line.
“With respect to budget allocation for advertising and communications expenses, spend is an investment rather than an expense. The APEX awards reflects this through providing proof of how advertising and communications campaigns have the ability to deliver measured and effective returns on that particular investment,” explains Odette van der Haar, ACA CEO.
As evidenced by past APEX awards entries, the standard for the APEX awards finalists is set extremely high and will not be compromised. Entrants are required to submit case studies detailing their campaigns, ensuring that the isolation of the effects of the marketing communications is clearly detailed. This is key in systematically proving to the highly experienced and respected APEX judging panel a case for the campaign itself as being the cause for the brand success.
The three APEX categories into which campaigns may be entered are:
- Launch – for brands or services that are less than 12 months old with no significant history of advertising.
- Change – for new campaigns from previously advertised brands that resulted in significant short-term effects on sales and/or behaviour – short-term being within a period of no more than 18 months.
- Sustain – for campaigns that benefited a business by maintaining or strengthening a brand over a long period, i.e. 36 months.
“We encourage all agencies and their clients, to enter their most effective work into the 2018 APEX awards. Entry is open to all agencies, whether an ACA member or not. We are looking forward to another year of showcasing the value our industry adds to commercial brand success,” concludes van der Haar.
Compulsory briefing sessions for all entrants will be held at the AAA campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, as follows:
AAA School of Advertising Johannesburg Campus
Date: Tuesday, 6 February 2018
Time: 14h00 to 16h00
Venue: AAA House
The Braes Office Park
3 Eaton Road
AAA School of Advertising Cape Town Campus
Date: Thursday, 8 February 2018
Time: 14h00 to 16h00
Venue: 6th Floor
112 Long Street
Parking: 81 Longmarket Street
Netcare Christiaan Barnard Hospital (approx. 100m from the campus)
The briefing session will provide invaluable information on how to enter, compile and win an APEX. While attendance is free of charge, seats are limited and booking is essential. To reserve space for either one or both of the briefing sessions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Martell Cognac breaks new ground with striking OOH advert on Africa’s largest animated LED lightbox display site - 16th March 2018
- Publicis Machine appoints city’s top creative graduates to its Cape Town team - 16th March 2018
- Stuff Magazine recognises the best gadget and apps at its annual awards event - 16th March 2018