New Service in BBM Discover menu offers free airtime to new users who play the trivia game
Creative Media Works, operating as BBM, has partnered with Digitata Insights, a digital transformation agency specialising in mobile gamification, to launch the Invite2Win airtime service within its BBM Discover menu and a Vodacom USSD game. The Invite2Win USSD game is accessible on the *117*4863# Vodacom gaming menu and is also part of Vodacom’s USSD gamification offering. New and existing Vodacom subscribers who play the Invite2Win game are offered free airtime and a chance to win R1000 cash every month through BBM Discover.
Matthew Talbot, CEO of Creative Media Works, the company which operates and runs BBM Consumer globally, says: “This is a great initiative encouraging users to invite friends to download and enjoy the latest and improved version of BBM Messenger. We’ve added new features, content and services, but more importantly, through the Invite2Win service, we are addressing the need for airtime in South Africa.”
Talbot added that Invite2Win complements the other content and services in Discover such as Uber, Rewards, Girl Talk, Football365, HotelsCombined, News, Games, DiscoverTV, Stickers and Channels.
According to Digitata Insights, South Africa’s largest operator Vodacom, receives an average of 20 million visitors on their star dial menu every month. Invite2Win airtime offers users an opportunity to win R1000 cash and daily airtime prizes for new users strictly coming from playing the USSD trivia game who install BBM Messenger and register in Invite2Win.
How to participate?
- Vodacom subscribers can access the Invite2Win game in the Vodacom gaming menu (*117*4863#) and will be prompted through a series of fun questions.
- Once completed, they will be sent the relevant app store link (Google Play or App Store) to install and register on BBM Messenger to continue playing and start winning airtime.
- Users must locate the ‘Invite2Win’ icon in the BBM Discover menu and register their mobile number in order to redeem their first R5 worth free airtime. Airtime will only be issued to subscribers who come from playing the USSD game.
- To continue winning airtime within the Invite2win service, users will be prompted to share a unique code with two contacts.
- As their contacts successfully download and register on BBM Messenger and enter their code in the Invite2Win service in the BBM Discover menu, the user will receive another R5 free airtime. Additionally, the user and their contacts will be entered to win R1000 cash.
- Users will be provided SMS-based and on-screen prompts to guide them at every step.
- Existing BBM users who successfully invite their friends from within Invite2Win in BBM Discover, will also be entered to win R1000 cash.
If you are a Vodacom subscriber, to participate in the ‘Invite2Win airtime’ experience, dial *117*4863# from any Android or iOS device.
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Martell Cognac breaks new ground with striking OOH advert on Africa’s largest animated LED lightbox display site - 16th March 2018
- Publicis Machine appoints city’s top creative graduates to its Cape Town team - 16th March 2018
- Stuff Magazine recognises the best gadget and apps at its annual awards event - 16th March 2018