Scientists attending the Department of Science & Technology’s Science Forum South Africa 2017 (www.sfsa.co.za) during December last year were treated to a seamless event experience thanks to Flock Event Management’s contribution to the well thought-through and executed holistic solution provided by Meeting Planners International Pty Ltd (MPI).Key objectives of the Forum included:
- creating a platform for a vibrant debate on the role of science, technology and innovation in society;
- promoting international science, technology and innovation partnerships; and
- creating a platform for key science, technology and innovation actors, including senior government leaders, academics, scientists, industry, civil society, and students to interact.
Flock provided a customisable, flexible and cost-effective online event management app, which allowed attendees to plan their schedules, access all the event information such as speakers, and network with other attendees.
“Our app is a great tool for event organisers to present all the information resulting from all the hard work and planning in a convenient place,” said Flock CEO and founder, Mike Lysko.
“This can include online access to a broad range of services and information for guests and event managers alike, including online registration, exhibition catalogues, maps of the venue detailing exhibitor locations as well as restroom and refreshment stations, speaker programmes including CVs, gaming elements if necessary and access to a full list of visitors plus instant messaging for networking purposes.
“This digital/mobile experience complements the live events as attendees get access to the event content ahead of time and, with the social buzz created in the app, there is a level of excitement created that fuels attendees’ enjoyment.
“And, Flock’s customisable solution won’t break the bank. There’s a misconception that it takes months and a large budget to develop an app, so people tend to not consider the many benefits one can bring to an event, especially when your attendees are tech-savvy. I dare event organisations to give us a call for a quote. I can guarantee a pleasant surprise.”
- McCann1886 successfully applies lockdown lessons for Steers - 22nd Jan 2021
- Lactalis SA awards full-service account to HelloFCB+ - 22nd Jan 2021
- McCann1886 enters 2021 with new accounts - 14th Jan 2021