The Huggies® Baby Marathon campaign recently won five awards at the 2018 IAB Bookmark Awards. The Bookmark Awards sets the benchmark for tech, digital and leading-edge innovation. The award-winning work also inspires and educates the industry about the power to build brands through creative and high impact digital executions that deliver measurable results.
The Huggies® Baby Marathon campaign, claimed Gold Pixels in the following categories and sub-categories:
- Emerging Digital Technologies and Channels (category) and Internet of Things (sub-category) – For the use of atypical internet devices to achieve a marketing or communication goal
- Channels (category) and Branded Content (sub-category) – The use of brand placement within a content context to promote a product or service, where the content remains the hero
- Craft (category) and Marketing Copywriting (sub-category) – This is the team award for an excellent piece or body of copywriting work on a marketing campaign
The Huggies® Baby Marathon campaign also claimed a silver for:
- Channels (category) and Online Video Series (sub-category)
- Craft (category) and Craft Strategy (sub-category)
The Huggies® Baby Marathon, was the first digital baby marathon and saw four ridiculously cute babies, kitted out with specially-designed distance-tracking devices and comfy nappies, embarking on the greatest challenge any baby has ever undertaken. The chosen babies managed to complete 21km, across a 7-day period, over some of the toughest terrain known to man, their very own dummy-dotted, soft-toy-strewn homes. Visit www.babymarathon.co.za or follow #BabyMarathon to recap on all the cuteness in action.
The entry into the awards was an integrated agency entry by Ogilvy (Digital and Creative), Sabio Communications (PR), Creative Spark (Social media) and MEC (Media Buying).
“We are exceptionally proud of this campaign as it was the first of its kind within our industry. Receiving these awards praise the innovation and collaboration of the different agencies in producing amazing and distinctive work for the Huggies® brand. It’s been an amazing journey to prove the unbelievable insight that moving babies can move up to 3KM per day, and bringing this to life for everyone to see in a fun and engaging way made it all worth it,” says Morné van Emmenes, Senior Brand Manager for Huggies®.