Shortly after presenting its second ever Food for Thought event in Johannesburg recently, Ads24 received a Best in Africa Award for its inaugural 2017 Food for Thought at the prestigious Global Media Awards in Washington DC on Monday evening. In addition, Ads24 was awarded honourable mentions in three categories:
- Best use of an event to build a news brand: Ads24 Presents Food for Thought
- Best Idea to Grow Advertising Sales or Retain Advertising Client: Ads24 Diski
- Best Marketing Solution for an Advertising Client: Ads24/Phumelela Soccer 6 Multi-Platform Campaign
The aim of the Global Media Awards is to energise the industry by recognising excellence in new brands that are “creating products, engaging audiences, developing customer insights, growing advertising revenue, and instilling innovation”.
Altogether 830 entries from 220 media companies in 39 countries were received for the 2018 Awards. From these an international panel of 50 executives from 20 countries selected 195 finalists.
The ceremony was attended by more than 400 international delegates, where 40 first-place winners were unveiled across 20 categories.
Earl J. Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of INMA, noted that this year’s competition was intense with a record number of entries that provoked debate among judges on what defines success.
Ané Honiball, GM of Ads24 said, “We are incredibly proud to have received these accolades, in particular the Best in Africa Award. It is in Ads24’s culture to interrogate the trends that we see locally and internationally before coming up with unique solutions that speak directly, and with integrity, to our relevant markets. So to get this kind of recognition from an international panel who reviewed some of the world’s best entries is an honour in the extreme.”
Marise van der Lith, Ads24’s brand manager added, “Aside from the obvious excitement of being recognised, accolades, such as these from INMA, provide us with important feedback that helps us to continue to create and grow innovation and excellence in the industry.”
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Who is listening if we are not? - 20th February 2019
- Employee benefit marketing: Here’s how to ensure your staff know and use their benefits - 20th February 2019
- #PrimediaBigLove spreads love with the Biggest Valentine’s card! - 20th February 2019