Experience the latest BBM version for Android and coming soon for iOS. In this latest BBM release, you’ll enjoy the expanded experience of customising chat background, BBM Desktop (Android only), a new Album Tab in Official Accounts, the easy way to upgrade to new and improved Groups, and be able to “like” your Contacts’ posts and status updates.
Customise Your Chat Background (Android only)
You spoke. We listened. We know that you’ve been requesting for the ability to change your chat background with your favourite photo to make your chat screen more personalised. Now, you can pick an image from your Gallery and set as chat background.
Do More on BBM Desktop (Android only)
Interact seamlessly across devices with BBM Desktop. Now you can:
- Receive and download important documents on your laptop. It’s an easier way to get a document from your phone to computer.
- Enjoy drama free days with Retract on various chat bubbles (text, image, sticker and more!)
- Reply, delete and forward functions are now here for your convenience to match your experience on the phone.
Album Tab in Official Accounts
Access all images and videos in a grid view from the new Album Tab in Official Accounts. You can also like and comment on any media posted by the Official Account that you follow, or even connect with people within the community who share similar hobbies and passions.
So, follow your favourite Official Accounts today to receive the latest product information, promotions or updates directly from your favourite brands or artists!
Upgrade Your Groups: Add More Members, “D” and “R” Status
Start chatting and sharing with your friends, family, co-workers and communities with our new BBM Groups that can now allow up to 300 members.
See ‘D’ (Delivered) and ‘R’ (Read) status for each group member and share any type of document and media. Simply tap a prompt at the top of your current Groups, follow the instructions and you are ready to enjoy all these new features in your groups!
“Like” Timeline Posts-And See Who Liked Yours!
Tap on our new heart icon on Feeds to show how you appreciate your BBM contacts’ status and posts updates. When people like your posts, you’ll see a number below the heart icon. Simply tap the number to see a list of who they are.
We’ve been enjoying testing this new feature. We know you’ll “like” it too!
What Else is New?
- Decline Call with a Message (Android only) – Not free to take an incoming voice and video call? Now you can decline a call gracefully by sending a message to the caller.
- Ability to Block and Unblock Contact – Do you wish to be undisturbed from certain contacts? Just block and unblock the contacts when you have a change of heart.
- Reply to Image and Video on Chat – Now you can directly reply to images and videos shared in 1:1 chats.
- Preview Sticker on Timeline (iOS only) – Curious with your friends’ new sticker packs? Now you can preview from their timeline.
We’re already hard at work on the next release, due out soon. Be sure to upgrade your favourite messaging app via Google Play or the App Store today to take advantage of all the improvements in the latest release. And check back in a few weeks for the next round of improvements.
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Magazines partnering with brands to do good - 18th October 2018
- Want a more effective marketing agency? Let them into the inner circle - 18th October 2018
- Artifact Advertising revamps Maxi’s - 18th October 2018