CINEMARK SEEKS LOCAL TALENT TO SHOWCASE ON A GLOBAL STAGE
Are you creative, talented and capable of delivering a 60 second commercial under serious time pressure? Would you like to go to France for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, and have your work showcased on an international stage? Then read on…
Once again, Cinemark is the official representative in South Africa for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, which takes place from 19-21 June 2019. Cinemark is also sponsoring the local leg of the Film category of the Young Lions competition. As such, they are calling for registrations from teams comprising two young professionals or freelancers (an art director and a copywriter, both under the age of 30), who currently work as art directors, producers, filmmakers or creatives.
Here’s how it works:
- Register your team via email@example.com between 25 March – 05 April 2019.
- Once you’re registered, a Ster-Kinekor representative will email you a form to complete as a team, and you’ll receive a reference number. (You’ll use this to label your 60 second advert).
- The brief – which will have a strong social justice angle – will go live on the Ster-Kinekor website on 06 April 2019 at 12 noon.
- Each team will then have just 48 hours from then to film, edit and deliver a 60-second commercial.
- Once you’re done, you must email back your 60 second advert, with reference number and the form, before 12 noon on 08 April 2019. No late entries will be accepted!
If your team wins the South African competition, the two of you will be flying to France to compete against other winning teams from around the world, in the global leg of the competition, at this year’s Cannes Festival. Not only that, but your local winning advert will reach an audience on Ster-Kinekor’s silver screens nationwide!
And, if you go on to win at Cannes, you’ll walk away with the prestigious honour of being crowned the Young Lions of Cannes 2019 – adding some serious bling to your CV and potentially kicking your career onto the fast-track.
Tempted? What ambitious young creative wouldn’t be? Enter now: registrations are open, so email firstname.lastname@example.org and get your creativity ON.
Dare to dream, deign to deliver, and the glory could be yours. What are you waiting for?
Latest posts by Journo (see all)
- Black Box 360 returns to Mediatech - 17th July 2019
- Amazon beats Google in the eRetail search - 17th July 2019
- Small and start up media agencies pay the cost for payment terms - 17th July 2019